High-tech cards and phones could change the way you spend and manage your money
- High-tech cards and phones
- Pre-Loaded Cards
- “Contactless” Cards
- Banking by Cell Phone
- Final Thoughts
Attention ARM Borrowers: Contact Your Lender Before Higher Payments Put Your Home at Risk
- Ask About Refinancing
- Beware of Scams
Don’t Get Burned by Hot Investments
- The FDIC Sign Is Changing
- New Deposit Insurance Resources in English and Spanish
- Deceptive Mortgage Offers
- Treasury Report: Direct Deposit Safer Than Checks
FDIC Consumer News is published by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
FDIC Consumer News is produced quarterly by the FDIC Office of Public Affairs in cooperation with other Divisions and Offices. It is intended to present information in a nontechnical way and is not intended to be a legal interpretation of FDIC or other government regulations and policies. Mention of a product, service or company does not constitute an endorsement.
Find current and past issues of FDIC Consumer News at http://www.fdic.gov/consumernews. Refer to this same index to locate the issues that are specially formatted for being reprinted in any quantity.
To receive an e-mail notice about each new issue of FDIC Consumer News posted on the FDIC Web site, with links to stories, follow instructions posted at www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/index.html.
Related Financial Services – The following Debt Consolidation Loan Directory sections allow you to comparison shop other finance products, such as debt consolidation loans and credit counseling firms.
- Debt Consolidation Help – Learn about the debt consolidation process and review detailed listings for lenders and services offering to help consolidate your debts.
- Debt Settlement Negotiation – High credit card balances making your monthly payments impossible to meet? The negotiation of your outstanding bills with your creditors may be a good debt solution for you. Educate yourself on your options and compare available programs.
- Credit Debt Management – Having trouble keeping up with your monthly credit payments? Compare debt management companies in this online list that can try amd help you get a grip on your personal financial situation.