Determine the risk / reward parameters of your current portfolio. Answer the questions that your current or past investment advisor may not have been interested in answering. What has my investment performance been? Of course, historical returns are not always indicative of future results, but assuming historical tendencies are an indication of future probabilities, given my current portfolio holdings how should I set my expectations in the future?
What are your financial goals? When would you like to retire or at least have the ability to retire? What other family obligations (college, weddings, etc.) are you responsible for funding? How do you view risk? Does it bother you more to lose 20% of your portfolio when the stock market is down 20% or to earn 10% on your money when the stock market is up 15%? Through a comprehensive review of your financial objectives and a risk tolerance evaluation, you should have a starting point to begin building your personal asset allocation and investment strategy.
- Step One: Understand your goals and analyze your current investment portfolio.
- Step Two: Design an optimal portfolio based on your goals and objectives.
- Step Three: Formalize an investment policy and the management process.
- Step Four: Implement your portfolio solutions.
- Step Five: Continuous monitoring of your portfolio and adapt as needed.
401k Rollover Section Menu:
- 401k Rollovers
- Sample Fee Disclosure – Detailed Fee Disclosure
- Investor Resources – Investment Management Process – 401k Rollover Errors
- Common Investing Mistakes – No Guarantees of Continuance – Not All Investors are Experts – Nobody is Perfect – It’s All About Discipline
- 401k Rollover Options – Direct Rollover IRA – Direct Rollover to Your Current Employer’s Retirement Plan – Lump Sum Distribution
- Glossary of Investment Terminology
Problems With Credit Card Debt? Is the weight of your consumer debt making your budget difficult to manage? Use the menus at the top of this web page to find various debt relief services, including credit card debt consolidation and credit debt counseling programs. Search by the kind of financial service or the state in which you reside. In order to get more personal finance advice, please visit our personal financial section for a list of helpful resources on this site.
Financial Services Sections on DebtConsolidationLoan.com:
Debt Consolidation and/or Relief without Loans:
Debt Consolidation Loan Options:
Debt Consolidation Loans – Most of this site is dedicated to assisting those with debt problems, and its goal is to get you to a point of financial stability. So what happens when you do get your personal finances on level ground? It is time to start thinking strategically about how you save your money. See below for a lot of helpful information on the management of your 401k.