Some investment reports are more comprehensive and easier to interpret than others. When analyzing investment performance be sure to factor in the effect of fees and taxes. Net of fee, after tax, performance is the most relevant number. It may also be helpful to compare your performance to a benchmark. For example, if you investment primarily in large company U.S. domestic stocks, the S&P 500 would be a relevant benchmark with which to compare your performance.
401k Rollover Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answer to your frequently asked questions regarding 401k rollovers.
- What will the stock market do tomorrow, next month, or next year?
- How do I know what my investment return is?
- Why is my 401k such an important benefit?
- How important are taxes when investing?
- What is a 401K Rollover?
- Is there such a thing as a “free lunch” in investing?
- What is an IRA Rollover?
- What is an investment policy statement?
- What do I do after I inherit an IRA?
- What are Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS)?
- How much risk should I be taking in my IRA rollover and other retirement assets?
401k Rollover Section Menu:
- 401k Rollovers
- Sample Fee Disclosure – Detailed Fee Disclosure
- Investor Resources – Investment Management Process – 401k Rollover Errors
- Common Investing Mistakes – No Guarantees of Continuance – Not All Investors are Experts – Nobody is Perfect – It’s All About Discipline
- 401k Rollover Options – Direct Rollover IRA – Direct Rollover to Your Current Employer’s Retirement Plan – Lump Sum Distribution
- Glossary of Investment Terminology
Debt Problem? Is the burden of your credit card debt getting you down? Use the menu bars at the top of this page, or the sections directly below, to find different debt relief programs, including loan programs for debt consolidation and credit counseling. Search by financial service type or the state of your residence. In order to find more financial tips and advice, please visit our personal finance section for a list of available resources on this site.