An investment policy statement (IPS) describes the investment philosophies and investment management procedures to be utilized when providing investment advisory services. The principal reason for having an investment policy statement and for putting it in writing is to enable you to protect your portfolio from ad hoc revisions of a sound long-term approach. Without an investment policy statement, in times of market turmoil, investors are often inclined to make impromptu and emotional investment decisions that are inconsistent with prudent investment management principles. Your investment policy statement is intended to provide a well thought out framework from which sound investment decisions can be made.
401k Rollover Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answer to your frequently asked questions regarding 401k rollovers.
- What will the stock market do tomorrow, next month, or next year?
- How do I know what my investment return is?
- Why is my 401k such an important benefit?
- How important are taxes when investing?
- What is a 401K Rollover?
- Is there such a thing as a “free lunch” in investing?
- What is an IRA Rollover?
- What is an investment policy statement?
- What do I do after I inherit an IRA?
- What are Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS)?
- How much risk should I be taking in my IRA rollover and other retirement assets?
401k Rollover Section Menu:
- 401k Rollovers
- Sample Fee Disclosure – Detailed Fee Disclosure
- Investor Resources – Investment Management Process – 401k Rollover Errors
- Common Investing Mistakes – No Guarantees of Continuance – Not All Investors are Experts – Nobody is Perfect – It’s All About Discipline
- 401k Rollover Options – Direct Rollover IRA – Direct Rollover to Your Current Employer’s Retirement Plan – Lump Sum Distribution
- Glossary of Investment Terminology
Debt Problem? Is the burden of your credit card debt getting you down? Use the menu bars at the top of this page, or the sections directly below, to find different debt relief programs, including loan programs for debt consolidation and credit counseling. Search by financial service type or the state of your residence. In order to find more financial tips and advice, please visit our personal finance section for a list of available resources on this site.