Related Services - The following company listings on the Debt Consolidation Loan Directory are offered to assist you with handling your credit card bills and other monthly payments. Also, in addition shop for other financial services ranging from credit card offers to home and car insurance.
- Debt Consolidation Services - Learn more on how debt consolidation can work for you and compare a detailed company list of lenders and related services offering help to people that need to consolidate debt.
- Personal Loan Companies - Looking for a personal loan to consolidate your credit cards? These loans are usually unsecured, meaning you are not required to provide collateral. Approval is often based upon factors as your income, credit and job history.
- Debt Settlement Program - Are you finding yourself unable to meet your monthly budget because of too many credit card payments? Negotiating your debts may or may not be the right choice to get help with your financial situation. Compare programs designed for helping people with similar debt problems.
Avoiding Costly Banking Mistakes: No Trivial Pursuit
Here are clues to preventing expensive errors with your checking account, credit card or other financial services. After all, this isn't play money!
- No Trivial Pursuit
- Not Checking Up on Your Account
- Not Considering Bank Fees
- Paying Your Credit Card Bill Late
- Paying the Minimum on Your Credit Card Each Month
- Signing Up For New Credit Without Understanding Costs
- Not Reviewing Your Credit Report
- Getting a Nontraditional Mortgage Without Understanding Costs
- Fraudulent E-Mails Claim to Be From the FDIC
- Beware of Phone-Based "Vishing" Scams
- New Safety Procedures for Internet Banking
- Update on Higher Coverage for Retirement Accounts
- New Law Promotes Retirement Savings
- New Options for Direct Deposit of Tax Refunds
FDIC Consumer News is published by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
FDIC Consumer News is produced quarterly by the FDIC Office of Public Affairs in cooperation with other Divisions and Offices. It is intended to present information in a nontechnical way and is not intended to be a legal interpretation of FDIC or other government regulations and policies. Mention of a product, service or company does not constitute an endorsement.
Find current and past issues of FDIC Consumer News at http://www.fdic.gov/consumernews. Refer to this same index to locate the issues that are specially formatted for being reprinted in any quantity.
To receive an e-mail notice about each new issue of FDIC Consumer News posted on the FDIC Web site, with links to stories, follow instructions posted at www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/index.html.
Last updated on 11/08/2005