Recently switched jobs or retired? Congratulations! You now have an opportunity to take control of your retirement destiny by employing the 401k rollover process. A direct rollover from your 401k to IRA is usually the wisest decision, and when done correctly, has no negative tax implications.
Your 401k, 403b, pension and other retirement savings programs are among the most powerful benefits you will receive from your employer. In today’s marketplace employees rarely stick with one employer for their entire career. In fact, many of today’s workers will have more than 10 employers throughout their working years. Today’s transient workforce results in many “old” 401k and retirement accounts remaining in former employers’ plans.
Read through some pros and cons for three of the more common options 401k plan participants have when considering what to do with the retirement assets they’ve accumulated in their former employer’s retirement plan. If you have any questions, consult the FAQ.
- Direct Rollover to an IRA
- Direct Rollover to your Current Employer’s Retirement Plan
- Lump Sum Distribution
- Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to your frequently asked questions regarding 401k rollovers.
401k Rollover Section Menu:
- 401k Rollovers
- Sample Fee Disclosure – Detailed Fee Disclosure
- Investor Resources – Investment Management Process – 401k Rollover Errors
- Common Investing Mistakes – No Guarantees of Continuance – Not All Investors are Experts – Nobody is Perfect – It’s All About Discipline
- 401k Rollover Options – Direct Rollover IRA – Direct Rollover to Employer’s Retirement Plan – Lump Sum Distribution
- Glossary of Investment Terminology
Problems With Credit Card Bills? Is the burden of your credit card debt making your budget difficult to manage? Use the menus at the top of this web page to find various debt relief services, including debt management and credit debt counseling programs. Search by the kind of financial service or the state in which you reside. In order to get more personal finance advice, please visit our personal financial section for a list of helpful resources on this site.
Financial Services Sections on DebtConsolidationLoan.com:
Consolidate Debts and/or Debt Relief without Loans:
Bill Consolidation Loan Options:
Debt Consolidation Loans – Most of this site is dedicated to assisting those with debt problems, and its goal is to get you to a point of financial stability. So what happens when you do get your personal finances on level ground? It is time to start thinking strategically about how you save your money. See below for a lot of helpful information on the management of your 401k.