"V" ordered veteran affairs and investment term definitions that you may have stumbled upon through prequalifying for a loan or observed in this directory.
- VA (Department of Veterans Affairs)
- A federal agency, which guarantees loans made to veterans; similar to mortgage insurance, a loan guarantee protects lenders against loss that may result from a borrower default.
- VA Mortgage
- A mortgage guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Variable Expenses
- Costs or payments that may vary from month to month, for example, gasoline or food.
- A special exemption of a zoning law to allow the property to be used in a manner different from an existing law.
- A point in time when you may withdraw funds from an investment account, such as a retirement account, without penalty.
"Single Family Buying Glossary." HUD.gov. U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, n.d. Web. .